The Environmental Policy of Nordural
It is the policy of Nordural to keep the environment as wholesome as possible, both in the workplace and the surrounding communities, in order to preserve the welfare of the employees, neighbours and the environment.
A responsible and cautious approach to the environment will be inherent in all activities and decision making. Through systematic audits and reforms in all aspects of operations, we will continuously strive to improve our environmental performance.
To implement this policy, Nordural has adopted the following guidelines:
1. It is emphasised that all environmental demands, made to the company and put forth e.g. in workpermits, laws, regulations and organization, are satisfied.
2. Any significant environmentally harmful impact, relating to normal operations and newer projects, will be minimized through the use of integrated environmental management procedures and planning. In order to implement these procedures an environmental control system will be established in accordance with internationally recognized standards.
3. To communicate and increase knowledge of the influence of our operations, both among the workers, as well as our neighbours. Information shall be available to intrerested parties regarding environmental performance of the company.
4. Continuous audit and reform shall be ensured of the company's policies, plans and performance in environmental issues. This procedure will take into account the results of the company's continuous environmental monitoring programme, also technical and scientific development, the needs of our customers and legitimate wishes of the community .
5. To apply the best available technology, within feasible limits, in the prevention of pollution.
6. To be alert to new technological solutions concerning issues of pollution which can reduce the generation of pollutive material from the operations of the company and increase management efficiency.
7. To maintain the company buildings so that they harmonize with the environment and ensure the long term efficient operation of the pollution control equipment.
8. To endeavour to reuse, recycle or work for the possible recovery of waste generated during operations.
9. Systematically and continuously to seek ways of utilizing recyclable energy throughout the operation of the company, within feasible limits.
10. To arrange the production in such a manner that the health and safety of the employees is not at risk.
With these guidelines Nordural intends to ensure that the company will gain prominence in environmental issues among companies in identical industries.
The management of Nordural must guarantee that employees know this environmental policy and work according to it. The management is responsible for the execution of this environmental policy by adopting measurable objectives in environmental issues in their field of work and adjusting working methods to them.